Before knowing about VMware, we have to consider the basic thing that what is “Virtualization”. VMWare is nothing but just a company providing virtualization.
It is a U.S. based company that actually introduced virtualization. The workstations of VMWare provide best scenarios of virtualization which allows running of different OS on the same desktop or host.
In VMware server virtualization, a physical server is used for installing a hypervisor that is then connected to multiple virtual machines (VMs). These machines run on the same physical server. Every VM has its own operating system (OS), that simply means multiple Operating Systems are running on a single server. They work by sharing resources like RAM.
Vmware provides most famous workstation for creating virtual machines right on a computer. Information Technology Pros, Software Developers, Web Developers, and technology enthusiasts use it widely.
What is Virtualization
Virtualization means the immitated version of something real like OS, server, storage or any resource.
You can understand this quite clearly if you have ever did partitioning of your drives. It is actually that logical partitioning of a drive into two separated areas.
In computing terms, virtualization is the virtual creation of an actual device or source like servers, networks or operating systems into one or more executable environments.
VMWare has become an important aspect of modern industry.
- VMware allows you to learn about back end web development.
- You can run other operating systems on your workstation.
- It is very helpful for IT experts to test and configure the changes on the system without any extra efforts.
- System engineers can go to any plane with the help of VMWare Workstation to perform demos at client sites.
- It is a great tool for testing an environment in an isolated system.
- There is no need to use a different Operating System on different machines rather than that, multiple OS can be checked on the same system.
With the advent of cloud technologies, VMWare has also increased to be a leader of big corporations and technologies. Its prevailing use has convinced the industrialists to adopt it.
Many of the engineers are now striving hard to get certification and pieces of training in VMWare.
Do you want yourself to be trained and get a reputed post? You can! Logic Finders is providing virtualization training to help you get certified and secure the best option. To know more about this, follow the link below:
The Properties of VMs:
VMs have the following properties.
- You can run multiple operating systems (OS) on a single physical machine
- System resources can be divided or shared
- Virtual Machines can provide security isolation
- The performance of the system can be preserved with advanced resource controls
- Encapsulation is very common and you can hide the whole state of a VM to files
- Moving and copying of virtual machines is as easy as copying files
Independence from Hardware
- VMs provide provisioning or migration of virtual machine to a physical server.